LittleBizzy

Dominate local SEO with a regional SlickStack cloud server for just $39/month!  Order Now
LittleBizzy
Technical SEO & Cloud Server Experts

schema for SEO purposes dead because of entity maps?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ronald

I saw this briefly mentioned on the SlickStack forums, also in some Quora answers that were trashing SEO plugins lol

Willie
    Donna

There hasn’t been much chatter about it (yet) but yah, our general opinion is that schema is going to be next on the list of dead SEO tactics, the same way backlinks largely died out at least in some ranking calculations. It’s because why would Google trust what a bunch of spammy links or self-written schema markup says about a website or business when their entity knowledge graph has concluded something different?

If your schema says “this website represents a dentist from Chicago” but the social media and tax records and other references online say that actually the website is for a “restaurant from New York” than yah, I think schema becomes irrelevant.

Cheryl

Interesting! I haven’t really heard anyone mention this before.

Donald
    Nathan

yah Darren also had an accompanying tweet to that blog post. Pretty much exactly what I had come to believe during the past 2 years….

https://x.com/DarrenShaw_/status/1765779219362254980

Sarah

I no longer implement or recommend Schema for local business SEO. There used to be value in some schema markup, but not anymore.

🔹 Local business schema
    You don’t need it unless your business info online is a mess and Google cannot associate your business entity with your website. 99% of businesses don’t have this problem, so there is no reason to use it. This schema has never had any SEO impact (see Joel’s quote above).

🔹 Review schema
    It was amazing while it lasted, but Google doesn’t show the stars in the results for smaller sites anymore, so the party’s over.

🔹 FAQ schema
    It was amazing while it lasted, but Google doesn’t show the FAQ snippet in the results for smaller sites anymore, so the party’s over.

🔹 Sameas schema
    This used to be helpful to get social links on your GBP, but it’s no longer needed since you can add social links as a setting in your Google Business Profile now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: schema for SEO purposes dead because of entity maps?